Some challenging hills lead to Chester NH, a historic small town with a good General Store for lunch or a snack. Expect mostly wooded roads, old farms, and out-of-the-way historic districts such as North Danville. In the fall, Chester's scarecrow festival adds great local color. The 27 and 54 mile routes depart from the Amesbury Elementary School. New for 2022 is a 40-mile remote start option in Newton, NH that’s partway into the long ride. That will allow more riders to get to Chester and the scarecrows!
Amesbury MA 01913
Remote Start Information (40 mile option only):
- Lenny DeBenedictis will host the remote start location at Greenie Park in Newton NH. Located on Heath St just off Rt. 108. See Google Map.
- Depart shortly after 10:30 a.m. to join up with the 54-mile riders leaving Amesbury at 10:00 a.m.
Optional Food Stops:
- 54 mi route: Chester General Store at mile 28.9 (70% of the climbing is finished!)
- 40 mi route: Chester General Store at mile 22.0 (70% of the climbing is finished!)
- 27 mi route: Rowes Market at mi. 19.6 or downtown Amesbury at mile 25.7
|27||1,196||Cue sheet||GPX, Send to device|
|40||1,996||Cue sheet||GPX, Send to device|
|54||2,559||Cue sheet||GPX, Send to device|